WARNING

WARNING: This blog is intended for mature readers only. It's contents include adult themes such as sexuality, homosexuality, rape and violence, which may be inappropriate or offensive for some viewers.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

As My Father's Eye Watches Me

"As My Father's Eye Watches Me", Oils & Sterling silver on canvas/ Painting in progress by the author


Flint, my heart embraces you. 
The place men fear to journey,
I have traversed and returned. 
Unscathed? 
Who can say, but for the shadows making love to my skin. 

Before I knew you I was a child. 
Freedom was ignorance born from the womb. 
On your sacrificial stone, 
Bent over backwards, 
My body became yours. 

Blood is a natural thing, 
Yet how unnatural to warm your bed, 
Taste your tongue, share your nights. 

My father's eye watches me, 
As I undress, as I strip, my bones exposed. 
Yet I clutched a golden eagle to my breast. 
I gathered precious jadestone 
And summoned the Smoking Mirror to avenge me. 

Now where are you? 
The jaguar, she has claimed your soul for me, 
And very slowly shall I savor it. 

Back to the beginning, I travel alone...
Back to my rebirth, as my father's eye watches me.

No comments:

Post a Comment