WARNING

WARNING: This blog is intended for mature readers only. It's contents include adult themes such as sexuality, homosexuality, rape and violence, which may be inappropriate or offensive for some viewers.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Gossip of Sparrows



(For S, no matter where you go)

Betwixt heaven and earth
The eaves clad in trailing vines
Summon the nests of sparrows
Little birds, little birds
I heard your exasperated calls
Such conversation
Tumbling over a morning breeze

Your gossip reaches my ears
Content not to alight
On ancient willows
Bending beneath their own might
A scent embracing
In the arms of the morning dew

I returned again
To the place where we first kissed
My eyes not innocently caressing
Your hidden skin
Were those chattering sparrows
Eavesdropping?
Did they carry my lust to your ears
Even then?

I passed the afternoon
In idle pursuits
Dreaming of the nightfall
Decorating your bed
With my sweat
Your hard thighs with my kisses
Like prayers

I prayed for you
Locked away my dark secrets
For you
Became a virgin again
For you
But none were taken
You, a god, remained silent
To my prayers

The willows rustled
Over my grave
Waiting for you to bring me flowers
Perhaps jasmine in bloom
Perhaps lilies to entice
A lusty bee

Your sting has captured me
Not deterred my heart's intentions
Your protestations
All were in vain

When the scent of you lingers
Over the dusky mountains
As the stars are ensnared
By the midnight-black veil
An alabaster moon strokes the
Naked earth
As I in my dreams stroke you

It is a blasphemy for any other man
To speak your name
As I do
For wherever you travel
There shall never be another disciple
So penitent at your feet

Betwixt moon and royal sun
The eaves in the evening sing
With the gossip of sparrows
Where lie my intentions, trembling
And you, too, will one day
Wait for the pleasure of
My hand

2 comments:

  1. I am overcome reading this. I can write no more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could write much more, but I would rather my actions manifest the true fabric of my heart. All my pretty words fail to capture that wild little sparrow darting here and there in my stomach!

    ReplyDelete